5 reasons why you should be using direct mail marketing
20.07.2015 by Karl
- Direct mail is still the most effective means to communicate with your target audience. A recent survey found that 8 out of 10 people open direct mail. Compared to the average bounce rate of promotional emails – a 30% open rate – this is leagues above any other communication channel for effectiveness.
- Direct mail delivers your brand and your message straight to your target audiences’ desk or doorstep. Taking people away from their computer and giving them something unique and compelling to hold in their hands provides you with the perfect opportunity to wow them with your offer or service. Stand out from the sea of emails – use a unique mailer.
- 86m people placed orders as a result of a direct mail campaign in 2012. A Royal Mail survey showed that compared to a similar survey taken in 2004, order placing was up by 2% where a direct mailer or catalogue had been sent. Respondents were found to have been prompted to go online and make a purchase after they received a direct mail marketing piece.
- Whether you want to announce a new product or offer, raise brand awareness or want to send a gentle nudge to remind customers that you are there, direct mail offers all three of these things in one. Tweets are said to have a shelf life of 6 minutes – a direct mailer will be kept for between 1 day and 2 weeks.
- According to a Direct Marketing Association study the companies polled attributed 23% (almost a quarter) of their sales to direct marketing.
To discuss cost-effective, hassle-free direct marketing campaigns, call Fiala Print & Mail on 01371 832 002.